Do you want to be part of a growing world-class organization focused on bettering our world? Are you passionate about significantly improving the future of medicine? Do you believe that people are the most important asset of any company? If so, join Amplifybio!
Amplifybio is a newly established, commercially focused preclinical CRO that was created as a Battelle spin-off. Aligned with, and supported by leading life sciences-focused investors, we partner with our clients to provide preclinical CRO services from single study and through full IND enabling studies. We have a strong focus and commitment to helping accelerate the commercialization of advanced therapies such as cell and gene therapies and vaccines.
Moving forward we will combine continuous improvement and innovation to become the preferred preclinical CRO in the industry, by working in partnership with our clients, and leveraging state of the art technologies and platforms we will enable our customers to accelerate and improve the product development cycle, from concept to commercial.
When you join our team, you will be a part of groundbreaking work while collaborating with our clients, research scientists, study directors, lab technicians and specialists across a variety of disciplines. Our chemists, biologists, veterinarians, data scientists, engineers, pathologists, and other experts collaborate to deliver new and exciting breakthroughs. The future for Amplifybio is as great as the combination of our imaginations and actions, and we hold ourselves accountable for our choices and results. We have a bias for action, excellence, and, especially, the health and safety of our employees.
Amplifybio is currently looking to hire a Desktop Publisher to join our growing team!!!
Our Desktop Publisher will coordinate the production of extensive and complex document products such as proposals or client project deliverables.
What You’ll do Here:
- The Desktop Publisher will Schedule and allocate work to others as appropriate and integrates all word processing, page layouts, charts, and graphics into a cohesive package to meet internal and/or external customer requirements.
- Create and edit documents using desktop publishing software; fully utilize the technical capabilities of computer equipment to produce complex documents; recommend overall product layout and design.
- Consult with authors to ensure effectiveness of deliverables and economical production methods. Recommend revisions to better represent document intent.
- Perform or assist other operators in the most complicated publishing operations including scientific notations and symbolisms, statistical computations, spreadsheets, form layout, graphics and typesetting for more involved reports and proposals.
- Perform desktop publishing for newsletters, large reports, proposals, forms, viewgraphs, brochures, and books.
- Perform final quality check on product.
- Coordinate equipment and computer interfaces used in specialized text processing or composition; troubleshoot for equipment malfunctions and interface with vendors.
- Perform multiple revisions of copy using electronic editing capabilities.
- Maintain and update files of standard formats, reports, paragraphs, statements, mailing lists and directories.
- Prepare charts, graphs, or tables to present data.
- Recommend improved work procedures or techniques and assist in equipment selection.
- Interact with others including internal and external customers to obtain detailed information, research materials for requested information.
- Correct punctuation or grammar in material and correspondence; read and interpret proofing marks and editing codes.
- Direct the assembly or collation of documents.
- Maintain and update files of standard formats, paragraphs, and mailing lists on word processing or computer equipment.
- Monitor inventory and orders supplies as needed.
- Maintain knowledge of professional industry practices.
- Provide orientation and training to employees; logging, reviewing, and distributing projects to word processing operators.
- Make recommendations or provide input to the performance appraisal of others.
- Collect and assemble information for use by others.
- Maintain accurate, complete, and current files; sort, file, locate, reorganize, and retrieve materials in files.
We Would Love to Hear from You If:
- Ability to prioritize, schedule and organize work in a high-pressure environment.
- Excellent word processing skills.
- Ability to perform standard arithmetic calculations.
- Extensive knowledge of specialized word processing techniques and methods working with multiple systems and software to produce complex documents as acquired through prior experience.
At Amplifybio, we’re committed to growing and empowering an inclusive community within our company and industry. This is why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives across our organization. Research shows that oftentimes women and minority groups only apply to open roles if they meet 100% of the listed criteria. AmplifyBio encourages everyone — including women, people of color, individuals with disabilities and those in the LGBTQIA+ community — to apply for our available positions, even if they don’t necessarily check every box on the job description. Hire for attitude and train for aptitude creates unique opportunities to build strong teams of smart, motivated individuals who love what they do.
Amplifybio is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state, or local law. AmplifyBio will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process. We are committed to the safety and wellness of our employees and customers. Therefore, COVID vaccination is required. Reasonable accommodations will be considered.
Why You Will Love Working Here:
We take the health and happiness of our employees seriously and consistently evaluate new ways to Amp up our benefits to provide an amazing place to work. From a wellness program (did we mention we have an onsite gym and ping pong table?), to financial planning and legal assistance, we make sure to take care of our own.
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance that starts on your first day at AmplifyBio
- Competitive Compensation Package
- We take work-life balance seriously and we back it up with generous PTO
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Supplemental insurance
- LiveHealth Online
- Smart Shopper (helps you shop for better medical care and earn cash rewards while you save)
- Generous paid parental leave
- Wellness and Self-Care Programs
- 401(k) match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- EAP/work-life support system
- A fun work environment where everyone’s voice matters
- We are just getting started! More benefits on the way!
- An Opportunity to Change the World