Do you want to be part of a growing world-class organization focused on bettering our world? Are you passionate about significantly improving the future of medicine? Do you believe that people are the most important asset of any company? If so, join AmplifyBio!
AmplifyBio is a newly established, commercially focused preclinical CRO that was created as a Battelle spin-off. Aligned with, and supported by leading life sciences-focused investors, we partner with our clients to provide preclinical CRO services from single study and through full IND enabling studies. We have a strong focus and commitment to helping accelerate the commercialization of advanced therapies such as cell and gene therapies and vaccines.
Moving forward we will combine continuous improvement and innovation to become the preferred preclinical CRO in the industry, by working in partnership with our clients, and leveraging state of the art technologies and platforms we will enable our customers to accelerate and improve the product development cycle, from concept to commercial.
When you join our team, you will be a part of groundbreaking work while collaborating with our clients, research scientists, study directors, lab technicians and specialists across a variety of disciplines. Our chemists, biologists, veterinarians, data scientists, engineers, pathologists, and other experts collaborate to deliver new and exciting breakthroughs. The future for AmplifyBio is as great as the combination of our imaginations and actions, and we hold ourselves accountable for our choices and results. We have a bias for action, excellence, and, especially, the health and safety of our employees.
AmplifyBio is seeking to hire a Facility Engineer (GxP) to join our growing team!!!
Our Facility Engineer (Vivarium) will be AmplifyBio’s subject matter expert on building operations at our 220,000 ft2 research laboratory located in West Jefferson, Ohio. The Facility Engineer will serve as the primary liaison between AmplifyBio leadership and our service provider.
The Facility Engineer will provide engineering knowledge and operational guidance to optimize facility improvements to accommodate capability growth as AmplifyBio is rapidly expands its service offerings related to the discovery, translation, and development of advanced therapies such as gene and cell therapies.
What You’ll Do Here:
- Serve as the primary technical focal point for all aspects of facility operation and maintenance, including mechanical, electrical, plumbing, general building maintenance, access control, and alterations projects.
- Prioritize activities for our outsourced Facilities group and ensure work performed is closely coordinated with site operations.
- Verify third-party use of an effective preventive maintenance program using the site’s computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) for performing preventive/predictive maintenance and repairs, monitoring, and recording effectiveness of maintenance activities, and taking corrective actions when necessary to ensure the safety and reliability of critical systems.
- Utilize the Building Management System (BMS) to track the plant environmental conditions and provide trend reports generated from monitoring systems.
- Advise management and staff on services provided by the Facilities group. Define actual and potential facilities problems that have or will have a serious impact. Suggest corrective actions and directs actions within budget. May personally respond to complaints and customer concerns.
- Prepare and monitor the budget for facility maintenance and operations.
- Advise management on life cycle costs and maintainability of major infrastructure systems. Advise on existing system capacity and performance parameters in support of new facility projects and renovations.
- Plan and lead facility improvement and/or alteration projects.
- Update system design descriptions, as-built drawings, and operating manuals as needed.
- Assist in the procurement and installation of new equipment by ensuring compatibility with existing infrastructure or by developing cost-effective integration plans.
- Inspect, monitor, assess and assure the facility and equipment remains GLP compliant and in a constant state of audit readiness.
- Support validation of hardware and software used for vivarium operations.
- Respond to client and/or auditor questions about facility operations.
- Ensure that facility documents and records are maintained.
We Would Love to Hear from You If You Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, or Chemical preferred).
- 5-10 years of experience with complex facility operations (previous laboratory or vivarium operations is preferred).
- Experience using a Building Management System (SIEMENS Desigo CC experience preferred).
- Experience using a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Experience with the operation and maintenance of HVAC systems such as air handlers, chillers, boilers, and heat exchangers.
- Working knowledge of equipment such as pumps, compressors, biological safety cabinets, chemical fume hoods, and high-pressure washers.
- Excellent understanding of building alteration and construction processes (previous experience planning and executing an alteration preferred).
- Ability to understand and interpret building drawings, mechanical layouts, and electrical/pneumatic schematics.
- Familiarity with OSHA and GLP regulatory requirements for laboratory operations.
- General knowledge of business planning and administration, project management, quality assurance, and environmental, safety and health policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to interface well with personnel of all levels. Proven capability to establish effective working relationships within a matrixed organization.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, including senior management (both verbal and written)
- Skilled in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) including data interpretation and reporting (CAD experience is a plus).
- Ability to manage multiple projects efficiently and adjust as priorities change.
At AmplifyBio, we’re committed to growing and empowering an inclusive community within our company and industry. This is why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives across our organization. Research shows that oftentimes women and minority groups only apply to open roles if they meet 100% of the listed criteria. AmplifyBio encourages everyone — including women, people of color, individuals with disabilities and those in the LGBTQIA+ community — to apply for our available positions, even if they don’t necessarily check every box on the job description. Hire for attitude and train for aptitude creates unique opportunities to build strong teams of smart, motivated individuals who love what they do.
AmplifyBio is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state, or local law. AmplifyBio will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process. We are committed to the safety and wellness of our employees and customers. Therefore, COVID vaccination is required.
Why You Will Love Working Here:
We take the health and happiness of our employees seriously and consistently evaluate new ways to Amp up our benefits to provide an amazing place to work. From a wellness program (did we mention we have an onsite gym with state-of-the-art equipment and ping pong table?), to financial planning and legal assistance, we make sure to take care of our own.
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance that starts on your first day at AmplifyBio!
- Competitive Compensation Package
- We take work-life balance seriously and we back it up with an UNLIMITED PTO policy!
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Supplemental insurance
- LiveHealth Online
- Smart Shopper (helps you shop for better medical care and earn cash rewards while you save)
- 4 weeks paid Parental Leave
- Wellness Program
- 401(k) match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- EAP/work-life support system
- A fun work environment where everyone’s voice matters.
- We are just getting started! More benefits on the way!
- An Opportunity to Change the World!!!