AmplifyBio is a company dedicated to building an integrated environment where clients can access technologies, platforms, capabilities, and safety testing for the scale up and commercialization of advanced therapies. We began as a CRO, spun out from the Battelle organization in West Jefferson, Ohio and are now proud to have added a site in South San Francisco dedicated to discovery, optimization, and characterization of client drug candidates and soon to launch facility in New Albany, OH.
The platforms and domain expertise at our New Albany site will fill the critical gap that exists between discovery and the clinical scale up of drug development. The team here is dedicated to helping clients understand the biological and immunological mechanisms and characteristics of their advanced therapies to ensure product consistency and prevent unexpected failures downstream.
We partner with our clients, leveraging state-of-the-art technologies and platforms we will enable our customers to accelerate and improve the product development cycle, from concept to commercial.
When you join our team, you will be a part of groundbreaking work while collaborating with our clients, research scientists, study directors, lab technicians and specialists across a variety of disciplines. Our chemists, biologists, veterinarians, data scientists, engineers, pathologists, and other experts collaborate to deliver new and exciting breakthroughs. The future for AmplifyBio is as great as the combination of our imaginations and actions, and we hold ourselves accountable for our choices and results. We have a bias for action, excellence, and, especially, the health and safety of our employees.
AmplifyBio’s next step forward in advancing medical breakthroughs, treatments, and cures for disease is to establish a Cell & Gene Therapy (CGT) manufacturing and development facility. We are seeking highly motivated individuals to help create and define a first-of-its-kind CGT facility at our new site in New Albany, OH.
The Facilities/Maintenance Specialist is responsible for managing and/or completing all maintenance, repairs, and improvements made to the AmplifyBio facilities and to ensure EH&S and Sustainability compliance. The position is also responsible for project planning and coordination within the facilities.
The Facilities/Maintenance Specialist will work independently and will involve direct management in cases where additional guidance is needed.
What You’ll Do Here:
- Performing routine preventative maintenance on facilities Air Conditioning equipment, Boilers and Chillers.
- Complete Facilities Work Requests for internal customers.
- Investigation, corrections, and documentation of internal alarms from all “Monitoring Systems”.
- Ordering and maintaining spare parts inventory and repair parts associated with facility/Equipment work requests.
- Daily tours and verification of operation making necessary adjustments of all facilities equipment located on rooftop, in the central plant that may be supporting clean rooms and throughout the facility.
- Documentation, meetings, organization, clean up.
- Carries out duties in compliance with established business policies.
- This position has the responsibility to order necessary repair parts as needed to complete facilities work request and minor equipment repair. All purchases need to be approved by Senior Manager, Facilities and or Engineering.
- This position functions with minimal supervision to perform the job day-to-day. There are times when consensus is obtained in troubleshooting equipment and system problems.
- This position will routinely make “on the spot” decisions regarding equipment and system functions that require adjustment. There is high degree of problem-solving ability required as problems surround nearly all functions of this position. Utilization of feedback is required to ensure that the correct, assigned personnel have the necessary information to produce a long-term solution to prevent repetitive adjustments and repairs, and to ensure that new discrepancies are tracked, and necessary documentation are written or updated to support facility/Maintenance equipment.
- HVAC equipment knowledge, required.
- Ability to troubleshoot basic PLC and automation equipment.
- Refrigeration systems knowledge and Refrigerant License, required.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work independently, required.
- Basic computer skills including, file management, MS Word, Internet, and Email, required.
- Experience with a computer-based work management system, preferred.
- Knowledge of QSR/ISO 9001, preferred. QMS.
- Excellent understanding and application of safety procedures, required.
- Excellent use of communication, cooperation, and interpersonal skills, required.
- Excellent documentation skills, required.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work independently, required.
- Basic electro-mechanical skills, required.
We Would Love to Hear from You If:
- High School Diploma or GED with 5+ years of relevant experience in Bio-pharmaceutical or similar regulated environment.
- Trade certification in HVAC, Electrical, or related technical fields is highly desirable.
- Proven working knowledge of GMP facility systems including HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, and fire suppression systems.
- Must have ability to work with hand / power tools safely.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with external suppliers/consultants and/or vendors on facilities and property matters.
- Must be well organized and committed to a safe and clean working environment.
- Must be able to organize, prioritize and manage time well.
- Written, verbal and communication skills.
- General computer skills and familiarity in a Microsoft environment.
- This position may require some heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs., heavier weights with assistance).
- Ability to work an 8 -hour shift while standing with periodic walking.
- Ability to handle chemicals in a safe manner while donning appropriate personal protective equipment.
At AmplifyBio, we’re committed to growing and empowering an inclusive community within our company and industry. Therefore, we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives across our organization. Research shows that oftentimes women and minority groups only apply to open roles if they meet 100% of the listed criteria. AmplifyBio encourages everyone — including women, people of color, individuals with disabilities and those in the LGBTQIA+ community — to apply for our available positions, even if they don’t necessarily check every box on the job description. Hire for attitude and train for aptitude creates unique opportunities to build strong teams of smart, motivated individuals who love what they do.
AmplifyBio is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state, or local law. AmplifyBio will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process. We are committed to the safety and wellness of our employees and customers. Therefore, COVID vaccination is required.
Why You Will Love Working Here:
We take the health and happiness of our employees seriously and consistently evaluate new ways to Amp up our benefits to provide an amazing place to work. From a wellness program to financial planning and legal assistance, we make sure to take care of our own.
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance that starts on your first day at AmplifyBio!
- Competitive Compensation Package
- We take work-life balance seriously and we back it up with an UNLIMITED PTO policy.
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Supplemental insurance
- LiveHealth Online
- Smart Shopper (helps you shop for better medical care and earn cash rewards while you save)
- Generous paid parental leave
- Wellness and Self-Care Programs
- 401(k) match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- EAP/work-life support system
- A fun work environment where everyone’s voice matters.
- We are just getting started! More benefits on the way!
- An Opportunity to Change the World!!!