Do you want to be part of a growing world-class organization focused on bettering our world? Are you passionate about significantly improving the future of medicine? Do you believe that people are the most important asset of any company? If so, join AmplifyBio!
AmplifyBio is a newly established, commercially focused preclinical CRO that was created as a Battelle spin-off. Aligned with, and supported by leading life sciences-focused investors, we partner with our clients to provide preclinical CRO services from single study and through full IND enabling studies. We have a strong focus and commitment to helping accelerate the commercialization of advanced therapies such as cell and gene therapies and vaccines.
Moving forward we will combine continuous improvement and innovation to become the preferred preclinical CRO in the industry, by working in partnership with our clients, and leveraging state of the art technologies and platforms we will enable our customers to accelerate and improve the product development cycle, from concept to commercial.
When you join our team, you will be a part of groundbreaking work while collaborating with our clients, research scientists, study directors, lab technicians and specialists across a variety of disciplines. Our chemists, biologists, veterinarians, data scientists, engineers, pathologists, and other experts collaborate to deliver new and exciting breakthroughs. The future for AmplifyBio is as great as the combination of our imaginations and actions, and we hold ourselves accountable for our choices and results. We have a bias for action, excellence, and, especially, the health and safety of our employees.
AmplifyBio is seeking to hire a Formulation (Pharmacy) Technician to join our growing team!!!
The Formulation Technician will work amongst a team of highly trained scientists and technicians with state-of-the-art facilities to support our clients’ preclinical safety, toxicology, inhalation, and discovery research programs. AmplifyBio is rapidly expanding its service offerings related to the discovery, translation, and development of advanced therapies such as gene and cell therapies.
As part of the Formulation Team, the right candidate will help support the company’s growing portfolio of service offerings and commercial capabilities through hands-on laboratory-based preparation of cell and gene therapies and pharmaceuticals.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of an emerging startup bringing innovative technology to advanced therapies.
What You’ll Do Here:
- Formulate new cell and gene therapies, IV admixture procedures, pharmaceutical dosing solutions and suspensions, vaccine/adeno-associated virus (AAV) vector dilutions using aseptic techniques in a sterile, non-classified laboratory (clean room) in support of research for the FDA approval process using proper Personal Protective Equipment and engineering controls.
- Maintain receipt and inventory of raw materials and therapies in support of regulated (GLP) studies.
- Understands and conforms to relevant Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Study Protocol requirements regarding all laboratory activities assigned.
- Repackage and sample test materials.
- Ensures all equipment used is routinely maintained and/or calibrated.
- Communicate resource, staffing, and timeline concerns to management.
- Assists with routine functions such as supplying and performing inventory, stocking, material preparation and acceptance testing, process improvement studies and projects.
- Sample accessioning, tracking, and storage.
- Organize, clean, and maintain the facility laboratories in accordance with GLP and ISO guidelines.
- Prepares media and reagent stocks, autoclaves materials, disposes of bio-hazardous waste, maintains supply inventory, and places orders of reagents, supplies and equipment.
- Performs, documents and reviews data according to standard operating procedures and in accordance with Good Laboratory Practice (GLP).
- Ship samples and test materials to designated laboratories or testing facilities.
- Conduct standard and non-standard tasks working alone or as part of a team with guidance of management.
- Ensure that the proper solutions are prepared, that solutions and reagents are not beyond their expiration date, and that the proper paperwork is maintained.
We Would Love to Hear from You If:
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience (pharmacy compounding, biology, immunology, microbiology).
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- A clear understanding of regulatory requirements, including those pertaining to facility and bio-facility safety.
- The ability to be organized, multitask, communicate effectively with a team of diverse individuals, and a desire to learn new skills.
- A strong work ethic and drive to lead process improvements and capability expansion within designated lab areas.
- Schedule flexibility sufficient to accommodate occasional non-standard work hours (some weekends and holidays on rotating schedule)
- Ability to work in a BSL-2 research laboratory environment which includes periods of bench-work and working in a bio-safety cabinet, and ability to wear respiratory protection.
- Experience in a GxP environment.
- Experience in IV Room.
- Certified Pharmacy Technician.
- Experience with relevant equipment, including maintenance and calibration.
- Experience with sample management, including digital inventory systems and organization.
- An ideal candidate should be flexible, adaptable, and able to communicate effectively and professionally in a fast paced, multi-disciplinary environment.
At AmplifyBio, we’re committed to growing and empowering an inclusive community within our company and industry. This is why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives across our organization. Research shows that oftentimes women and minority groups only apply to open roles if they meet 100% of the listed criteria. AmplifyBio encourages everyone — including women, people of color, individuals with disabilities and those in the LGBTQIA+ community — to apply for our available positions, even if they don’t necessarily check every box on the job description. Hire for attitude and train for aptitude creates unique opportunities to build strong teams of smart, motivated individuals who love what they do.
AmplifyBio is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state, or local law. AmplifyBio will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process. We are committed to the safety and wellness of our employees and customers. Therefore, COVID vaccination is required. Reasonable accommodations will be considered.
Why You Will Love Working Here:
We take the health and happiness of our employees seriously and consistently evaluate new ways to Amp up our benefits to provide an amazing place to work. From a wellness program (did we mention we have an onsite gym and ping pong table?), to financial planning and legal assistance, we make sure to take care of our own.
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance that starts on your first day at AmplifyBio
- Competitive Compensation Package
- We take work-life balance seriously and we back it up with generous PTO
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Supplemental insurance
- LiveHealth Online
- Smart Shopper (helps you shop for better medical care and earn cash rewards while you save)
- 4 weeks paid Parental Leave
- Wellness Program
- 401(k) match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- EAP/work-life support system
- A fun work environment where everyone’s voice matters
- We are just getting started! More benefits on the way!
- An Opportunity to Change the World