Do you want to be part of a growing world-class organization focused on bettering our world? Are you passionate about significantly improving the future of medicine? Do you believe that people are the most important asset of any company? If so, join AmplifyBio!
AmplifyBio is a newly established, commercially focused preclinical CRO that was created as a Battelle spin-off. Aligned with, and supported by leading life sciences-focused investors, we partner with our clients to provide preclinical CRO services from single study and through full IND enabling studies. We have a strong focus and commitment to helping accelerate the commercialization of advanced therapies such as cell and gene therapies and vaccines.
Moving forward we will combine continuous improvement and innovation to become the preferred preclinical CRO in the industry, by working in partnership with our clients, and leveraging state of the art technologies and platforms we will enable our customers to accelerate and improve the product development cycle, from concept to commercial.
When you join our team, you will be a part of groundbreaking work while collaborating with our clients, research scientists, study directors, lab technicians and specialists across a variety of disciplines. Our chemists, biologists, veterinarians, data scientists, engineers, pathologists, and other experts collaborate to deliver new and exciting breakthroughs. The future for AmplifyBio is as great as the combination of our imaginations and actions, and we hold ourselves accountable for our choices and results. We have a bias for action, excellence, and, especially, the health and safety of our employees.
AmplifyBio is currently seeking to hire a Laboratory Facilities Technician to join our growing team!
AmplifyBio offers a staff of highly trained scientist and technicians, and state of the art facilities to support our clients’ toxicology, Gene and Cell Therapies, and inhalation research programs. The Laboratory Facilities Technician will support and maintain our Life Science Research (LSR) and Vivarium facilities.
What You’ll Do Here:
- Provide cage wash sanitizing service to support to multiple groups.
- Power washing equipment prior to processing through automated washing equipment.
- Emptying soiled bedding, washing, and refilling cages with clean bedding.
- Collection of equipment and sorting according to currently facility needs.
- Thorough cleaning of rooms including soaking with detergents and scrubbing with brushes.
- Assist with checking out and collection of equipment to and from multiple groups.
- Provide basic custodial services necessary for a large building.
- Sweeping and mopping floors.
- Cleaning laboratory spaces and replenishing paper products.
- Adheres to all SOPs regarding Health & Safety operation of the cage wash area and machinery and GLP recording of maintenance records.
- Candidate should exhibit sufficient technical knowledge to perform routine assignments and demonstrate ability to operate basic equipment and follow standard procedures.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform standard as well as non-standard tasks under close supervision and guidance of more experienced staff.
- Keeps supervisor informed regularly on status of work.
- Candidate will be involved in other tasks related to facility work that might include preventive maintenance work, basic MEP repairs, as well as primary responsibilities on necessary tasks as delegated.
We Would Love to Hear from You If:
- Associates degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated work ethic, team-first mentality, and the ability to complete multiple tasks by the conclusion of every day showing flexibility, time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to frequently bend and stoop.
- Undergo a pre-employment physical.
- Pre-employment drug screening.
- Vaccinated against Covid 19
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. to waist level and 25 lbs. to shoulder level.
- Must be able to be on feet for most of the work shift.
- Must be willing to be cross trained in other tasks within LSR.
- Uses proper record keeping documenting work activities
- Must be willing to work in a biosafety level 2 (BSL2) environment and able to wear appropriate respiratory protection.
- Ability to work flexible locations, shifts, Holidays, and weekends as needed.
At AmplifyBio, we’re committed to growing and empowering an inclusive community within our company and industry. This is why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives across our organization. Research shows that oftentimes women and minority groups only apply to open roles if they meet 100% of the listed criteria. AmplifyBio encourages everyone — including women, people of color, individuals with disabilities and those in the LGBTQIA+ community — to apply for our available positions, even if they don’t necessarily check every box on the job description. Hire for attitude and train for aptitude creates unique opportunities to build strong teams of smart, motivated individuals who love what they do.
AmplifyBio is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state, or local law. AmplifyBio will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process. We are committed to the safety and wellness of our employees and customers. Therefore, COVID vaccination is required. Reasonable accommodations will be considered.
Why You Will Love Working Here:
We take the health and happiness of our employees seriously and consistently evaluate new ways to Amp up our benefits to provide an amazing place to work. From a wellness program (did we mention we have an onsite gym and ping pong table?), to financial planning and legal assistance, we make sure to take care of our own.
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance that starts on your first day at AmplifyBio!
- Competitive Compensation Package
- We take work-life balance seriously and we back it up with an UNLIMITED PTO policy!
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Supplemental insurance
- LiveHealth Online
- Smart Shopper (helps you shop for better medical care and earn cash rewards while you save)
- 4 weeks paid Parental Leave
- Wellness Program
- 401(k) match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- EAP/work-life support system
- A fun work environment where everyone’s voice matters
- We are just getting started! More benefits on the way!
- An Opportunity to Change the World!!!