Laboratory Operations Manager
Do you want to be part of a growing world-class organization focused on bettering our world? Are you passionate about significantly improving the future of medicine? Do you believe that people are the most important asset of any company? If so, join AmplifyBio!
AmplifyBio is a newly established, commercially focused preclinical CRO that was created as a Battelle spin-off. Aligned with, and supported by leading life sciences-focused investors, we partner with our clients to provide preclinical CRO services from single study and through full IND enabling studies. We have a strong focus and commitment to helping accelerate the commercialization of advanced therapies such as cell and gene therapies and vaccines.
Moving forward we will combine continuous improvement and innovation to become the preferred preclinical CRO in the industry, by working in partnership with our clients, and leveraging state of the art technologies and platforms we will enable our customers to accelerate and improve the product development cycle, from concept to commercial.
When you join our team, you will be a part of groundbreaking work while collaborating with our clients, research scientists, study directors, lab technicians and specialists across a variety of disciplines. Our chemists, biologists, veterinarians, data scientists, engineers, pathologists, and other experts collaborate to deliver new and exciting breakthroughs. The future for AmplifyBio is as great as the combination of our imaginations and actions, and we hold ourselves accountable for our choices and results. We have a bias for action, excellence, and, especially, the health and safety of our employees.
AmplifyBio is seeking a Laboratory Operations Manager to join our growing team!!
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Laboratory Operations Manager that is interested in joining an exciting, growth-oriented organization.
The AmplifyBio Laboratory Operations Manager will ensure that all lab operations run smoothly by scheduling staff, coordinating with multiple departments on the schedule of testing, and other deliverables such as reports. This role will also be responsible for developing a proactive training program for his/her department such that there is sufficient overlap and flexibility with sometimes difficult schedules, and timelines.
To be successful as a Laboratory Operations Manager you must be able to multitask and plan ahead, this role will combine the candidates experience in the science field with excellent leadership/managerial skills.
The Lab Operations Manager will join a staff of highly trained scientists and technicians with state-of-the-art facilities to support our clients’ toxicology, safety pharmacology, and inhalation research programs.
AmplifyBio is rapidly expanding its service offerings related to the discovery, translation, and development of advanced therapies such as gene and cell therapies. As part of the team, the right candidate will help support the company’s growing portfolio of service offerings and commercial capabilities. This is a unique opportunity to be part of an emerging startup bringing innovative technology to advanced therapies.
What You’ll Do Here:
- Scheduling staff, equipment, and the related process to match up with the study protocol (timing critical).
- Coordinating with multiple departments on scheduling of analytics work
- Establishing guidelines and drafting guiding documents for laboratory processes and workflows.
- Management of GLP document creation, authorship, and periodic review.
- Management of GLP study execution, including all prerequisite work such as: material qualifications, method validation, and staff proficiency training.
- Managing the proper handling/tracking of samples.
- Training lab technicians and analytics team on workflow.
- Working with Safety to ensure team is following health and safety protocols.
- Ensuring time reporting is on time and accurate.
- Maintaining specialized software.
- Ensuring equipment in the laboratory is validated and in an operationally ready state.
- Scheduling maintenance of equipment used in analytics is maintained and in a ready state.
- Drafting and assembly of Contributing Scientist Reports for review by the Director of Analytical Sciences
- Periodic review of deviations, safety, and process metrics and implementation of continuous improvement measures Work hand-in-hand with technical SME’s to ensure the laboratory staff executes analytics with the highest level of quality
- Work in collaboration with the Analytical Development team to ensure timely transition of lab developed methods to GLP ready state
- Work in collaboration with Study Management, Quality IT, Quality Assurance, and appropriate project managers to ensure timely completion of deliverables.
- Work in collaboration with the Director of Analytical Sciences to implement an evolving portfolio of test and service offerings.
We Would Love to Hear from You If:
- A Bachelor’s degree in biology, chemistry, or another health and science field.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a lab manager.
- Experience with PCR/Flow cytometry/sequencing is strongly preferred.
- Excellent managerial skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Expert knowledge of laboratory health and safety protocols.
- Experience working in a lab is required.
- Experience with six sigma/lean operating principles is desired.
At AmplifyBio, we’re committed to growing and empowering an inclusive community within our company and industry. This is why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives across our organization. Research shows that oftentimes women and minority groups only apply to open roles if they meet 100% of the listed criteria. AmplifyBio encourages everyone — including women, people of color, individuals with disabilities and those in the LGBTQIA+ community — to apply for our available positions, even if they don’t necessarily check every box on the job description. Hire for attitude and train for aptitude creates unique opportunities to build strong teams of smart, motivated individuals who love what they do.
AmplifyBio is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state, or local law. AmplifyBio will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process. We are committed to the safety and wellness of our employees and customers. Therefore, COVID vaccination is required.
Why You Will Love Working Here:
We take the health and happiness of our employees seriously and consistently evaluate new ways to Amp up our benefits to provide an amazing place to work. From a wellness program (did we mention we have an onsite gym with state-of-the-art equipment and ping pong table?), to financial planning and legal assistance, we make sure to take care of our own.
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance that starts on your first day at AmplifyBio
- Competitive Compensation Package
- We take work-life balance seriously and we back it up with unlimited PTO
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Supplemental insurance
- LiveHealth Online
- Smart Shopper (helps you shop for better medical care and earn cash rewards while you save)
- 4 weeks paid Parental Leave
- Wellness Program
- 401(k) match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- EAP/work-life support system
- A fun work environment where everyone’s voice matters
- We are just getting started! More benefits on the way!
- An Opportunity to Change the World!!!