Do you want to be part of a growing world-class organization focused on bettering our world? Are you passionate about significantly improving the future of medicine? Do you believe that people are the most important asset of any company? If so, join AmplifyBio!
AmplifyBio is a newly established, commercially focused preclinical CRO that was created as a Battelle spin-off. Aligned with, and supported by leading life sciences-focused investors, we partner with our clients to provide preclinical CRO services from single study and through full IND enabling studies. We have a strong focus and commitment to helping accelerate the commercialization of advanced therapies such as cell and gene therapies and vaccines.
Moving forward we will combine continuous improvement and innovation to become the preferred preclinical CRO in the industry, by working in partnership with our clients, and leveraging state of the art technologies and platforms we will enable our customers to accelerate and improve the product development cycle, from concept to commercial.
When you join our team, you will be a part of groundbreaking work while collaborating with our clients, research scientists, study directors, lab technicians and specialists across a variety of disciplines. Our chemists, biologists, veterinarians, data scientists, engineers, pathologists, and other experts collaborate to deliver new and exciting breakthroughs. The future for AmplifyBio is as great as the combination of our imaginations and actions, and we hold ourselves accountable for our choices and results. We have a bias for action, excellence, and, especially, the health and safety of our employees.
AmplifyBio is currently seeking a Laboratory Animal Research Technician to join our growing team! The Laboratory Animal Research Technician will join a staff of highly trained scientist and technicians, and state of the art facilities to support our clients’ toxicology, safety pharmacology, and inhalation research programs in our animal care division. Our focused approach to providing flexible solutions for our pharmaceuticals, and biotech clients who are developing advanced medicines will accelerate their development process while maintaining quality and compliance.
What You’ll Do Here:
- Performs animal husbandry, animal care, collects data, administers test articles, sanitizes equipment, and performs other routine laboratory procedures with a high degree of accuracy.
- Reads assigned SOPs promptly to remain in compliance with regulations and follows all applicable the health and safety requirements.
- Collects and records data manually or electronically and reviews data for quality and accuracy.
- Develops a good working knowledge of laboratory equipment and experimental procedures, applying this knowledge in the performance of assigned laboratory tasks.
- Conducts standard as well as non-standard tasks independently, within a team or under the guidance of more experienced staff.
- Communicates routine research procedures and results to other technicians and study team.
- Assists other technicians and disciplines in completion of daily activities including (but not limited to) animal care, cage wash/facilities, inhalation, chemistry, or pathology as needed.
- Trains less experienced staff.
- Recognizes deviations, unusual occurrences, and animal welfare concerns, notifying responsible individuals promptly, and contributes to corrective actions.
- Cross-trains in other tasks within the company.
We Would Love to Hear From You If:
- Associates’ degree or higher in biology (or other biological field), chemistry, RVT, or animal science related field or equivalent years’ experience.
- Experience in a laboratory or animal care environment.
- Demonstrated detailed-orientation and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team setting within a diverse group as well as individually.
- Must be able to work overtime, weekend, and holiday hours.
- Must be willing to work in an appropriate environment and able to wear appropriate respiratory protection.
- Must be willing to be immunized with licensed and FDA approved vaccines and medications recommended for persons at risk to occupational exposures.
- Newly hired employees are subject to a 90-day introductory period, during which their performance is evaluated.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- 2+ years’ experience in a laboratory or animal care environment with a degree or 4+ years’ experience in a laboratory or animal care environment without a degree.
- Experience or education in animal husbandry, animal care, handling, or science.
- Experience administering medications to a variety of species via the IM, ID, IN, SC, and/or IV routes.
- Experience assisting in surgery.
At AmplifyBio, we’re committed to growing and empowering an inclusive community within our company and industry. This is why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives across our organization. Research shows that oftentimes women and minority groups only apply to open roles if they meet 100% of the listed criteria. AmplifyBio encourages everyone — including women, people of color, individuals with disabilities and those in the LGBTQIA+ community — to apply for our available positions, even if they don’t necessarily check every box on the job description. Hire for attitude and train for aptitude creates unique opportunities to build strong teams of smart, motivated individuals who love what they do.
AmplifyBio is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state, or local law. AmplifyBio will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.
Why You Will Love Working Here:
We take the health and happiness of our employees seriously and consistently evaluate new ways to Amp up our benefits to provide an amazing place to work. From a wellness program (did we mention we have an onsite gym and ping pong table?), to financial planning and legal assistance, we make sure to take care of our own.
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance that starts on your first day at AmplifyBio
- Competitive Compensation Package
- We take work-life balance seriously and we back it up with generous PTO
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Supplemental insurance
- LiveHealth Online
- Smart Shopper (helps you shop for better medical care and earn cash rewards while you save)
- Wellness Program
- 401(k) match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- EAP/work-life support system
- A fun work environment where everyone’s voice matters
- We are just getting started! More benefits on the way!
- An Opportunity to Change the World