Scientist I or II, Cell Assays
AmplifyBio is a company dedicated to building an integrated environment where clients can access technologies, platforms, capabilities and safety testing for the scale up and commercialization of advanced therapies. We began as a CRO, spun out from the Battelle organization in West Jefferson, Ohio and are now proud to have added a site in South San Francisco dedicated to discovery, optimization, and characterization of client drug candidates.
The platforms and domain expertise at our San Francisco site fills the critical gap that exists between discovery and the clinical scale up of drug development. The team here is dedicated to helping clients understand the biological and immunological mechanisms and characteristics of their advanced therapies to ensure product consistency and prevent unexpected failures downstream.
We partner with our clients, leveraging state of the art technologies and platforms we will enable our customers to accelerate and improve the product development cycle, from concept to commercial.
When you join our team, you will be a part of groundbreaking work while collaborating with our clients, research scientists, study directors, lab technicians and specialists across a variety of disciplines. Our chemists, biologists, veterinarians, data scientists, engineers, pathologists, and other experts collaborate to deliver new and exciting breakthroughs. The future for AmplifyBio is as great as the combination of our imaginations and actions, and we hold ourselves accountable for our choices and results. We have a bias for action, excellence, and, especially, the health and safety of our employees.
AmplifyBio’s next step forward in advancing medical breakthroughs, treatments, and cures for disease is to establish a Cell & Gene Therapy (CGT) manufacturing and development facility. We are seeking highly motivated individuals to help create and define a first-of-its-kind CGT facility at our new site in South San Francisco, CA.
AmplifyBio is seeking to hire a Scientist, Cell Assays to join our growing team!!!
The ideal candidate is a collaborative and experienced scientist with a track record of success in developing cell-based assays for characterization and mechanistic assessment of advanced therapies (cell, gene, mRNA) for oncology. This position will report into the Associate Director, Cell Assays.
What You’ll Do Here:
- Design, develop and execute immunological assays supporting the characterization and mechanism of action of advanced therapies (cell, gene, mRNA).
- Identify and develop new technologies to expand in-house cell assay capabilities.
- Analyze and interpret experimental data and present results at internal meetings and scientific conferences.
- Operate in an exceptionally dynamic and cooperative environment.
- Collaborate with a larger cross-disciplinary team of immunologists, biologists, engineers, and bioinformaticians.
- Maintain rigor, quality of execution, documentation, and timelines.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in written reports, with internal and external stakeholders.
We Would Love to Hear From You If:
- A Bachelor’s degree with 7+, a Master’s degree with 5+, or a Ph.D. with a minimum of 6 months of experience in a relevant scientific discipline such as Immunology, Cancer Biology, or Cell Biology.
- A background in the development of immunological assays.
- Highly proficient with aseptic cell culture techniques and development of cell-based assays using primary human cells and cancer cell lines.
- Proficient in isolation of primary human T cells from fresh or frozen blood samples.
- Experience in multi-color flow cytometry, including panel design and data analysis using FlowJo.
- Experience with standard cell biology, biochemistry and molecular biology techniques, including western blotting, immunofluorescent staining, enzyme-linked immunosorbent assays, molecular cloning, PCR, etc.
- Data analysis skills, including a sound comprehension of statistical concepts, including experience using analysis software such as GraphPad Prism or JMP.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
At AmplifyBio, we’re committed to growing and empowering an inclusive community within our company and industry. This is why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives across our organization. Research shows that oftentimes women and minority groups only apply to open roles if they meet 100% of the listed criteria. AmplifyBio encourages everyone — including women, people of color, individuals with disabilities and those in the LGBTQIA+ community — to apply for our available positions, even if they don’t necessarily check every box on the job description. Hire for attitude and train for aptitude creates unique opportunities to build strong teams of smart, motivated individuals who love what they do.
AmplifyBio is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state, or local law. AmplifyBio will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process. We are committed to the safety and wellness of our employees and customers. Therefore, COVID vaccination is required.
Why You Will Love Working Here:
We take the health and happiness of our employees seriously and consistently evaluate new ways to Amp up our benefits to provide an amazing place to work. From a wellness program, to financial planning and legal assistance, we make sure to take care of our own.
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance that starts on your first day at AmplifyBio
- Competitive Compensation Package
- We take work-life balance seriously and we back it up with generous PTO
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Supplemental insurance
- LiveHealth Online
- Smart Shopper (helps you shop for better medical care and earn cash rewards while you save)
- Generous paid parental leave
- Wellness and Self-Care Programs
- 401(k) match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- EAP/work-life support system
- A fun work environment where everyone’s voice matters
- We are just getting started! More benefits on the way!
- An Opportunity to Change the World!!!