Do you want to be part of a growing world-class organization focused on bettering our world? Are you passionate about significantly improving the future of medicine? Do you believe that people are the most important asset of any company? If so, join AmplifyBio!
AmplifyBio is a newly established, commercially focused preclinical CRO that was created as a Battelle spin-off. Aligned with, and supported by leading life sciences-focused investors, we partner with our clients to provide preclinical CRO services from single study and through full IND enabling studies. We have a strong focus and commitment to helping accelerate the commercialization of advanced therapies such as cell and gene therapies and vaccines.
Moving forward we will combine continuous improvement and innovation to become the preferred preclinical CRO in the industry, by working in partnership with our clients, and leveraging state of the art technologies and platforms we will enable our customers to accelerate and improve the product development cycle, from concept to commercial.
When you join our team, you will be a part of groundbreaking work while collaborating with our clients, research scientists, study directors, lab technicians and specialists across a variety of disciplines. Our chemists, biologists, veterinarians, data scientists, engineers, pathologists, and other experts collaborate to deliver new and exciting breakthroughs. The future for AmplifyBio is as great as the combination of our imaginations and actions, and we hold ourselves accountable for our choices and results. We have a bias for action, excellence, and, especially, the health and safety of our employees.
AmplifyBio is currently seeking to hire a Scientist/Senior Scientist to join our growing Analytical Sciences team!
The Scientist/Senior Scientist is responsible for developing and qualifying methods for cellular and/or molecular biology analysis platforms. The level of position and title will be based on experience and will report directly to the Director of Analytical Sciences.
What You’ll Do Here:
- Leads method development, qualification, optimization, and/or validation to support nonclinical studies with cellular or molecular biology analytical needs.
- Presence in the laboratory to oversee and train laboratory staff (if necessary) in common laboratory procedures that will be used to collect, analyze, and interpret data.
- Provides routine updates on project status that include technical challenges.
- Writes Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), technical method reports, and sample analysis reports that include interpretation of the results.
- On-time delivery of reports and other department deliverables.
- Interacts with other staff within analytical scientists to drive department deliverables.
- Frequently presents results to the department during scheduled meetings.
- Complete and maintain training to remain compliant with all regulatory and health/safety requirements.
- Develop new platforms and/or processes that align with corporate strategy.
- Publishes manuscripts and presents at scientific conferences as needed.
We Would Love to Hear from You If:
- Doctoral degree in Molecular biology, Biochemistry, Immunology, Molecular Genetics, or related field.
- A minimum of 3 years of related work experience developing and performing cell or molecular assay techniques (e.g., qPCR, dPCR, cytokine analysis, ELISA, PBMC isolation, flow cytometry).
- Excellent documentation, organization, communication (oral and written), multi-tasking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to follow all appropriate regulatory requirements to ensure experimental data are accurately recorded and verified.
- Ability to work in a BSL-2 research laboratory environment which includes periods of bench-work, working in a bio-safety cabinet, and ability to wear respiratory protection.
- Must be willing to be immunized with licensed and FDA approved vaccines and medications recommended for persons at risk to occupational exposures.
- Must have the flexible schedule to accommodate non-standard work hours.
- Must be able to work more than 40 hours a week (including weekend and holidays) when needed to accomplish necessary tasks.
- Newly hired employees are subject to a 90-day introductory period, during which their performance is evaluated.
- Knowledge of Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA) Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) Regulations, 21 CFR Part 58 for the conduct of nonclinical laboratory studies.
At AmplifyBio, we’re committed to growing and empowering an inclusive community within our company and industry. This is why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives across our organization. Research shows that oftentimes women and minority groups only apply to open roles if they meet 100% of the listed criteria. AmplifyBio encourages everyone — including women, people of color, individuals with disabilities and those in the LGBTQIA+ community — to apply for our available positions, even if they don’t necessarily check every box on the job description. Hire for attitude and train for aptitude creates unique opportunities to build strong teams of smart, motivated individuals who love what they do.
AmplifyBio is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state, or local law. AmplifyBio will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process. We are committed to the safety and wellness of our employees and customers. Therefore, COVID vaccination is required.
Why You Will Love Working Here:
We take the health and happiness of our employees seriously and consistently evaluate new ways to Amp up our benefits to provide an amazing place to work. From a wellness program (did we mention we have an onsite gym with state-of-the-art equipment and ping pong table?), to financial planning and legal assistance, we make sure to take care of our own.
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance that starts on your first day at AmplifyBio!
- Competitive Compensation Package
- We take work-life balance seriously and we back it up with an UNLIMITED PTO policy!
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Supplemental insurance
- LiveHealth Online
- Smart Shopper (helps you shop for better medical care and earn cash rewards while you save)
- 4 weeks paid Parental Leave
- Wellness Program
- 401(k) match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- EAP/work-life support system
- A fun work environment where everyone’s voice matters.
- We are just getting started! More benefits on the way!
- An Opportunity to Change the World!!!