Do you want to be part of a growing world-class organization focused on bettering our world? Are you passionate about significantly improving the future of medicine? Do you believe that people are the most important asset of any company? If so, join AmplifyBio!
AmplifyBio is a newly established, commercially focused preclinical CRO that was created as a Battelle spin-off. Aligned with, and supported by leading life sciences-focused investors, we partner with our clients to provide preclinical CRO services from single study and through full IND enabling studies. We have a strong focus and commitment to helping accelerate the commercialization of advanced therapies such as cell and gene therapies and vaccines.
Moving forward we will combine continuous improvement and innovation to become the preferred preclinical CRO in the industry, by working in partnership with our clients, and leveraging state of the art technologies and platforms we will enable our customers to accelerate and improve the product development cycle, from concept to commercial.
When you join our team, you will be a part of groundbreaking work while collaborating with our clients, research scientists, study directors, lab technicians and specialists across a variety of disciplines. Our chemists, biologists, veterinarians, data scientists, engineers, pathologists, and other experts collaborate to deliver new and exciting breakthroughs. The future for AmplifyBio is as great as the combination of our imaginations and actions, and we hold ourselves accountable for our choices and results. We have a bias for action, excellence, and, especially, the health and safety of our employees.
AmplifyBio is currently seeking to hire an Anatomic Pathology Technician to join our growing team! The Anatomic Pathology Technician will join a staff of highly trained scientist and technicians, and state of the art facilities to support our clients’ toxicology, safety pharmacology, and inhalation research programs. AmplifyBio is rapidly expanding its service offerings related to the discovery, translation, and development of advanced therapies such as gene and cell therapies. As part of the team, the right candidate will help support the company’s growing portfolio of service offerings and commercial capabilities. This is a unique opportunity to be part of an emerging startup bringing innovative technology to advanced therapies.
What You’ll Do Here:
- Performing necropsy examinations of rodents and large laboratory animals.
- Tissue trimming for microscopic examination, data recording and performing quality control reviews in accordance with Good Laboratory Practices (GLP).
- Routine Operation of various histology laboratory equipment.
- Tissue embedding, staining, microtomy, quality control of tissues, and tissue/slide inventory.
- Conducts standard and non-standard tasks working alone or under the close supervision and guidance of more experienced staff.
- Understands and follows relevant Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Study Protocol requirements regarding all laboratory activities assigned.
- Carcinogen Use, Laboratory Animal Handling, National Toxicology Program (NTP) work, Personnel Air Purifying Respirator usage (including “dust mast” and PAPR), Blood borne Pathogen and/or Infectious Waste Handling.
- Uses proper record keeping to document work activities
- Develops a good working knowledge of laboratory equipment and experimental procedures and applies this knowledge in the performance of assigned laboratory tasks.
- Reads assigned SOPs promptly to remain in compliance with Battelle policies and regulations and follows health and safety requirements that are posted or within relevant SOPs.
- May assist in other related areas to include cage wash, chemistry, off-site pathology (BBRC) based on needs and skills.
We Would Love to Hear from You If:
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, animal science, or related life science OR a high school diploma and equivalent laboratory experience of at least 2.5 years.
- Adhere to chemical agent, facility, and bio-facility safety requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to be organized, multitask, communicate effectively with a team and diverse individuals, and desire to learn new skills.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Sufficiently medically fit to do work in a lab wearing appropriate respiratory equipment and perform assigned duties.
- Must be willing to work in a biosafety level 2 (BSL2) environment.
- Must be willing to be immunized with licensed and FDA approved vaccines and medications recommended for persons at risk to occupational exposure.
- Must be willing to work evening, weekend, and holiday hours.
- Newly hired employees are subject to a 90-day introductory period, during which their performance is evaluated by supervision.
- Pathology and/or clinical pathology laboratory experience.
- At least 1 years’ experience with animal husbandry.
At AmplifyBio, we’re committed to growing and empowering an inclusive community within our company and industry. This is why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives across our organization. Research shows that oftentimes women and minority groups only apply to open roles if they meet 100% of the listed criteria. AmplifyBio encourages everyone — including women, people of color, individuals with disabilities and those in the LGBTQIA+ community — to apply for our available positions, even if they don’t necessarily check every box on the job description. Hire for attitude and train for aptitude creates unique opportunities to build strong teams of smart, motivated individuals who love what they do.
AmplifyBio is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state, or local law. AmplifyBio will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.
Why You Will Love Working Here:
We take the health and happiness of our employees seriously and consistently evaluate new ways to Amp up our benefits to provide an amazing place to work. From a wellness program (did we mention we have an onsite gym and ping pong table?), to financial planning and legal assistance, we make sure to take care of our own.
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance that starts on your first day at AmplifyBio
- Competitive Compensation Package
- We take work-life balance seriously and we back it up with generous PTO
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Supplemental insurance
- LiveHealth Online
- Smart Shopper (helps you shop for better medical care and earn cash rewards while you save)
- Wellness Program
- 401(k) match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- EAP/work-life support system
- A fun work environment where everyone’s voice matters
- We are just getting started! More benefits on the way!
- An Opportunity to Change the World