Are you passionate about significantly improving the future of medicine? Do you believe that people are the most important asset of any company? If so, join AmplifyBio!
AmplifyBio is a company dedicated to building an integrated environment where clients can access technologies, platforms, capabilities, and safety testing for the scale up and commercialization of advanced therapies. We began as a CRO, spun out from the Battelle organization in West Jefferson, Ohio and are now proud to have added a site in South San Francisco dedicated to discovery, optimization, and characterization of client drug candidates and soon to launch facility in New Albany, OH.
The platforms and domain expertise at our New Albany site will fill the critical gap that exists between discovery and the clinical scale up of drug development. The team here is dedicated to helping clients understand the biological and immunological mechanisms and characteristics of their advanced therapies to ensure product consistency and prevent unexpected failures downstream.
We partner with our clients, leveraging state-of-the-art technologies and platforms we will enable our customers to accelerate and improve the product development cycle, from concept to commercial.
When you join our team, you will be a part of groundbreaking work while collaborating with our clients, research scientists, study directors, lab technicians and specialists across a variety of disciplines. Our chemists, biologists, veterinarians, data scientists, engineers, pathologists, and other experts collaborate to deliver new and exciting breakthroughs. The future for AmplifyBio is as great as the combination of our imaginations and actions, and we hold ourselves accountable for our choices and results. We have a bias for action, excellence, and, especially, the health and safety of our employees.
AmplifyBio’s next step forward in advancing medical breakthroughs, treatments, and cures for disease is to establish a Cell & Gene Therapy (CGT) manufacturing and development facility. We are seeking highly motivated individuals to help create and define a first-of-its-kind CGT facility at our new site in New Albany, OH.
AmplifyBio is seeking to hire an Associate Director/Director, Supply Chain to join our growing team!!!
What You’ll Do Here:
- Oversee the activities of department management and provide strategic direction and assistance on resolution of complex issues, compliance issues and potential problems related to production and material planning for a multi-client facility in New Albamy, OH.
- Manage the supply and demand between manufacturing operations and the Supply Chain function for different clients.
- Provide visibility to potential risks in planned capacity and make recommendations with strategic direction.
- Design and establish key business processes to ensure proactive planning across ABio’s operations and strategic initiatives.
- Build out the processes and systems for the new multi-client facility.
- Build a high performing team to manage the supply chain activities.
- Provide and maintain detailed site scheduling production plans for clinical products to assure no gaps or delays in processing, release, shipment and treatment occur as scheduled.
- Develop and implement logistics and planning tools through collaboration with IT function.
- Create and maintain planning and logistics metrics to enable process improvements.
- Minimize variability and align logistics, demand planning and sourcing to ensure minimum financial impact and uninterrupted manufacturing operations and cold chain workflow.
- Support changes in BOM, demand and supply, perform planning assessment as needed; support raw material inventory and supply control as required.
- Working with clients, develop forecasts and maintain long-term inventory plans and models for raw materials and supplies.
- Oversee activities required to support the manufacture, packaging, labeling, shipping, and distribution of clinical and future commercial materials.
- Work with IT, Finance and other teams to support/develop ERP modules to address logistics and planning issues.
- Take responsibility for staff development, budgeting and cost control, talent mapping, succession planning, the development of strong leaders within the function, and multi-function long-term planning.
We Would Love to Hear from You If:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree with 5+ years industry experience in pharmaceutical, biotech, or high-tech manufacturing operations.
- Experience managing staff and developing a high performing team.
- Experience working closely with Manufacturing, Project Management, functional team leaders, clinical teams and cold chain shippers / logistics providers.
- Possess excellent organization and interpersonal skills, and be able to communicate concisely and in a timely manner to clients’ requests.
- Led multiple cross functional projects.
- Presented to the Sr. Leadership teams regularly.
- Advanced analytical skills.
- Outside of the box thinker to develop creative, practical, and compliant solutions to meet fast paced timelines.
- Proficient with advanced supply chain concepts.
- Experience with industry regulations, GMP, compliance and pharmaceutical and/or biotechnology processes.
- Autonomous and works under minimal direction.
- Possesses sound judgment and develops clarity and options in ambiguous and rapidly changing situations.
- Thrives in a start-up, fast-paced environment with a “can-do” attitude.
At AmplifyBio, we’re committed to growing and empowering an inclusive community within our company and industry. Therefore, we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives across our organization. Research shows that oftentimes women and minority groups only apply to open roles if they meet 100% of the listed criteria. AmplifyBio encourages everyone — including women, people of color, individuals with disabilities and those in the LGBTQIA+ community — to apply for our available positions, even if they don’t necessarily check every box on the job description. Hire for attitude and train for aptitude creates unique opportunities to build strong teams of smart, motivated individuals who love what they do.
AmplifyBio is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state, or local law. AmplifyBio will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process. We are committed to the safety and wellness of our employees and customers. Therefore, COVID vaccination is required.
Why You Will Love Working Here:
We take the health and happiness of our employees seriously and consistently evaluate new ways to Amp up our benefits to provide an amazing place to work. From a wellness program to financial planning and legal assistance, we make sure to take care of our own.
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance that starts on your first day at AmplifyBio!
- Competitive Compensation Package
- We take work-life balance seriously and we back it up with an UNLIMITED PTO policy.
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Supplemental insurance
- LiveHealth Online
- Smart Shopper (helps you shop for better medical care and earn cash rewards while you save)
- Generous paid parental leave
- Wellness and Self-Care Programs
- 401(k) match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- EAP/work-life support system
- A fun work environment where everyone’s voice matters.
- We are just getting started! More benefits on the way!
- An Opportunity to Change the World!!!