Do you want to be part of a growing world-class organization focused on bettering our world? Are you passionate about significantly improving the future of medicine? Do you believe that people are the most important asset of any company? If so, join AmplifyBio!
AmplifyBio is a newly established, commercially focused preclinical CRO that was created as a Battelle spin-off. Aligned with, and supported by leading life sciences-focused investors, we partner with our clients to provide preclinical CRO services from single study and through full IND enabling studies. We have a strong focus and commitment to helping accelerate the commercialization of advanced therapies such as cell and gene therapies and vaccines.
Moving forward we will combine continuous improvement and innovation to become the preferred preclinical CRO in the industry, by working in partnership with our clients, and leveraging state of the art technologies and platforms we will enable our customers to accelerate and improve the product development cycle, from concept to commercial.
When you join our team, you will be a part of groundbreaking work while collaborating with our clients, research scientists, study directors, lab technicians and specialists across a variety of disciplines. Our chemists, biologists, veterinarians, data scientists, engineers, pathologists, and other experts collaborate to deliver new and exciting breakthroughs. The future for AmplifyBio is as great as the combination of our imaginations and actions, and we hold ourselves accountable for our choices and results. We have a bias for action, excellence, and, especially, the health and safety of our employees.
AmplifyBio is seeking an Accounting Manager to join our growing team!!
The Accounting Manager will help manage the AmplifyBio Accounting & Finance Team. The role will help direct the financial accounting activities and ensure the integrity of the department’s policies, practices, and internal controls. The role will help coordinate the monthly close and lead the accounts payable and receivable function and teams. The Accounting Manger will be an integral member of the team.
What You’ll Do Here:
- Performs accounting, financial reporting, and analysis.
- Leads the accounts payable and receivable function and teams.
- Help oversee the monthly close process including organizing, managing personnel resources and quality review of results; responsible for ongoing assessment of the close process to identify opportunities for improvement. Assures data integrity.
- Provides oversight of the compilation and reconciliation of accounts.
- Develops relationship with internal and external partners. Responds to internal and external requests.
- Responsible for teaching, coaching, and developing staff members; this is done by one- on-one instruction, directing the employee to the appropriate resources, monitoring the employee’s work to ensure they remain on track, providing access to outside training when appropriate and engaging in regular dialogs with the employee to communicate the results of their work.
- Help manage the annual audit process and helps to ensure accurate financial information to receive a favorable report from our independent audit firm.
- Helps manage the relationship with our external finance accounting organization and coordinate the completion of daily and monthly tasks.
- Coordinates the compilation of information requested by the outside firm for the preparation of income tax returns, K-1s, and state and local tax returns and annual report filings.
- Responsible for providing Management information regarding the financial performance compared to budget and projected forward; will work with Management to assist them and provide resources for other analysis as needed.
- Management of annual insurance renewal process.
- Recommends process improvements.
- Leads special projects.
We Would Love to Hear from You If:
- Must be able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Strong analytical, conceptual, and planning skills are required
- Must be detail oriented, self-motivated, and disciplined with the ability to multi-task.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong PC skills including MS Word, Access and Excel.
- Experience with NetSuite a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Solid project management skills.
- Ability to train and coach employees.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance required.
- 3-4 years of related accounting experience required.
- CPA preferred.
At AmplifyBio, we’re committed to growing and empowering an inclusive community within our company and industry. This is why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives across our organization. Research shows that oftentimes women and minority groups only apply to open roles if they meet 100% of the listed criteria. AmplifyBio encourages everyone — including women, people of color, individuals with disabilities and those in the LGBTQIA+ community — to apply for our available positions, even if they don’t necessarily check every box on the job description. Hire for attitude and train for aptitude creates unique opportunities to build strong teams of smart, motivated individuals who love what they do.
AmplifyBio is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state, or local law. AmplifyBio will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process. We are committed to the safety and wellness of our employees and customers. Therefore, COVID vaccination is required. Reasonable accommodations will be considered.
Why You Will Love Working Here:
We take the health and happiness of our employees seriously and consistently evaluate new ways to Amp up our benefits to provide an amazing place to work. From a wellness program (did we mention we have an onsite gym and ping pong table?), to financial planning and legal assistance, we make sure to take care of our own.
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance that starts on your first day at AmplifyBio
- Competitive Compensation Package
- We take work-life balance seriously and we back it up with generous PTO
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Supplemental insurance
- LiveHealth Online
- Smart Shopper (helps you shop for better medical care and earn cash rewards while you save)
- Wellness Program
- 401(k) match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- EAP/work-life support system
- A fun work environment where everyone’s voice matters
- We are just getting started! More benefits on the way!
- An Opportunity to Change the World!