AmplifyBio is a company dedicated to building an integrated environment where clients can access technologies, platforms, capabilities, and safety testing for the scale up and commercialization of advanced therapies. We began as a CRO, spun out from the Battelle organization in West Jefferson, Ohio and are now proud to have added a site in South San Francisco dedicated to discovery, optimization, and characterization of client drug candidates and soon to launch facility in New Albany, OH.
The platforms and domain expertise at our New Albany site will fill the critical gap that exists between discovery and the clinical scale up of drug development. The team here is dedicated to helping clients understand the biological and immunological mechanisms and characteristics of their advanced therapies to ensure product consistency and prevent unexpected failures downstream.
We partner with our clients, leveraging state-of-the-art technologies and platforms we will enable our customers to accelerate and improve the product development cycle, from concept to commercial.
When you join our team, you will be a part of groundbreaking work while collaborating with our clients, research scientists, study directors, lab technicians and specialists across a variety of disciplines. Our chemists, biologists, veterinarians, data scientists, engineers, pathologists, and other experts collaborate to deliver new and exciting breakthroughs. The future for AmplifyBio is as great as the combination of our imaginations and actions, and we hold ourselves accountable for our choices and results. We have a bias for action, excellence, and, especially, the health and safety of our employees.
AmplifyBio’s next step forward in advancing medical breakthroughs, treatments, and cures for disease is to establish a Cell & Gene Therapy (CGT) manufacturing and development facility. We are seeking highly motivated individuals to help create and define a first-of-its-kind CGT facility at our new site in New Albany, OH.
AmplifyBio is seeking to hire a Procurement Manager to join our growing team!!!
The Procurement Manager is accountable for building, maintaining, and continuously improving a highly effective procurement function and is responsible for all procurement activities at the site. The Procurement Manager will lead all facets of the procurement process supporting clients while driving activity to achieve desired outcomes at AmplifyBio’s new Cell & Gene Therapy manufacturing and development facility. This role will provide direct leadership for purchasing, vendor management, and client services.
What You’ll Do Here:
- Define and deliver a sustainable and repeatable client onboarding process for CGT clients.
- Define and establish a highly productive Procurement function that manages multiple clients.
- Oversee daily operations of the Procurement function and serve as a hands-on leader.
- Understand key stakeholder sourcing needs and act as a trusted business partner with regular engagement.
- Ensure preferred suppliers, sourcing procedures, and strategies for Indirect and Direct categories (goods/materials and services) are implemented.
- Negotiate contracts (WO/SOW/MSA/etc.) to support business needs.
- Lead RFP’s & RFQ’s.
- Track and report key functional metrics.
- Provide training and day-to-day support on procurement systems.
- Establish Procurement SOPs for multi-client development process.
- Onboard and offboard new clients and be the main contact for all procurement activity.
We Would Love to Hear From You If:
- Bachelors of Science degree with 6+ years of experience, preferably within biotechnology / pharmaceutical industry procurement.
- A minimum of 2 years experience managing or supervising direct reports.
- Working knowledge of cGMPs.
- An expert in procurement processes and sourcing of goods and services for the pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
- Demonstrated success in improving organizational performance by developing and promoting talent and providing learning and career growth opportunities for team.
- Ability to work in a small company and high growth, fast-paced environment.
- Experience with gene or cell therapy is a plus.
- Experience with NetSuite and/or Prendio.
At AmplifyBio, we’re committed to growing and empowering an inclusive community within our company and industry. Therefore, we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives across our organization. Research shows that oftentimes women and minority groups only apply to open roles if they meet 100% of the listed criteria. AmplifyBio encourages everyone — including women, people of color, individuals with disabilities and those in the LGBTQIA+ community — to apply for our available positions, even if they don’t necessarily check every box on the job description. Hire for attitude and train for aptitude creates unique opportunities to build strong teams of smart, motivated individuals who love what they do.
AmplifyBio is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state, or local law. AmplifyBio will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process. We are committed to the safety and wellness of our employees and customers. Therefore, COVID vaccination is required.
Why You Will Love Working Here:
We take the health and happiness of our employees seriously and consistently evaluate new ways to Amp up our benefits to provide an amazing place to work. From a wellness program to financial planning and legal assistance, we make sure to take care of our own.
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance that starts on your first day at AmplifyBio!
- Competitive Compensation Package
- We take work-life balance seriously and we back it up with an UNLIMITED PTO policy.
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Supplemental insurance
- LiveHealth Online
- Smart Shopper (helps you shop for better medical care and earn cash rewards while you save)
- Generous paid parental leave
- Wellness and Self-Care Programs
- 401(k) match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- EAP/work-life support system
- A fun work environment where everyone’s voice matters.
- We are just getting started! More benefits on the way!
- An Opportunity to Change the World!!!