Are you passionate about significantly improving the future of medicine? Do you believe that people are the most important asset of any company? If so, join AmplifyBio!
AmplifyBio is a leading contract research organization with a comprehensive range of services that span from being an outsourcing partner for discovery stage R&D work, a preclinical CRO performing safety efficacy and toxicology studies for small molecules and advanced therapies alike, and, most recently, an expansion into manufacturing services for cell, gene, and mRNA-based therapeutics.
The AmplifyBio ecosystem is comprised of three distinct business units: ADOC (South San Francisco, CA)– Amplify’s Discovery, Optimization, and Characterization laboratories: ASET (West Jefferson, OH) – Amplify’s Safety, Efficacy, and Toxicology Site; and the most recently opened AMEC (New Albany, OH) – Amplify’s Manufacturing Enablement Center.
About ADOC South San Francisco, CA. AmplifyBio’s discovery optimization and characterization unit (ADOC) establishes critical product characterization benchmarks, optimizes efficacy, and identifies new targets and strategies for clients preparing to scale up the production of therapeutic candidates. The site also houses GMP manufacturing suites, and quality labs available to clients. Based on broad experience in cell and gene therapy manufacturing, this group seeks to address the widening gap between R&D and manufacturing CMC.
AmplifyBio is seeking to hire a Sr./Research Associate, Cell Assays to join our growing team!!!
The ideal candidate is a collaborative research associate with experience performing immunology assays to support mechanistic understanding of advanced therapies (cell, gene, mRNA).
What You’ll Do Here:
- Perform and document functional cell assays according to established procedures to support the discovery and characterization of advanced therapies (cell, gene, mRNA).
- Draft new protocols and update existing protocols.
- Analyze and interpret experimental data and present results at internal meetings.
- Operate in an exceptionally dynamic and cooperative environment.
- Collaborate with a larger cross-disciplinary team of immunologists, biologists, engineers, and bioinformaticians.
- Maintain rigor, quality of execution, documentation, and timelines.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in written reports.
We Would Love to Hear from You If:
- A Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years of experience executing cell-based assays.
- Experience using flow cytometry techniques for characterizing immune cell functionality (MHC multimer staining, cytokine production, cell surface marker phenotype).
- The ability to follow detailed procedures and document experiments.
- Experience with cell culture and sterile technique.
- Experience with handling primary human cells and carrying out techniques such as ELISA is a plus.
- The ability to focus on deliverables and to prioritize time-sensitive objectives.
At AmplifyBio we’re committed to growing and empowering an inclusive community within our company and industry. This is why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives across our organization.
AmplifyBio is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state, or local law.
Why You Will Love Working Here:
We take the health and happiness of our employees seriously and consistently evaluate new ways to Amp up our benefits to provide an amazing place to work. From a wellness program, to financial planning and legal assistance, we make sure to take care of our own.
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance that starts on your first day at AmplifyBio
- Competitive Compensation Package
- We take work-life balance seriously and we back it up with a FLEIXIBLE PTO program!
- Generous paid parental leave
- Wellness and Self-Care Programs
- 401(k) match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- EAP/work-life support system
- A fun work environment where everyone’s voice matters
- We are just getting started! More benefits on the way!
- An Opportunity to Change the World!!!
When you join our team, you will be a part of groundbreaking work while collaborating with our clients, research scientists, study directors, lab technicians, and specialists across a variety of disciplines. The future for AmplifyBio is as great as the combination of our imaginations and actions, and we hold ourselves accountable for our choices and results. We have a bias for action, excellence, and, especially, the health and safety of our employees.