Are you passionate about significantly improving the future of medicine? Do you believe that people are the most important asset of any company? If so, join AmplifyBio!
AmplifyBio is a company dedicated to building an integrated environment where clients can access technologies, platforms, capabilities and safety testing for the scale up and commercialization of advanced therapies. We began as a CRO, spun out from the Battelle organization in West Jefferson, Ohio and are now proud to have added a site in South San Francisco dedicated to discovery, optimization, and characterization of client drug candidates.
The platforms and domain expertise at our San Francisco site fills the critical gap that exists between discovery and the clinical scale up of drug development. The team here is dedicated to helping clients understand the biological and immunological mechanisms and characteristics of their advanced therapies to ensure product consistency and prevent unexpected failures downstream.
We partner with our clients, leveraging state of the art technologies and platforms we will enable our customers to accelerate and improve the product development cycle, from concept to commercial.
When you join our team, you will be a part of groundbreaking work while collaborating with our clients, research scientists, study directors, lab technicians and specialists across a variety of disciplines. Our chemists, biologists, veterinarians, data scientists, engineers, pathologists, and other experts collaborate to deliver new and exciting breakthroughs. The future for AmplifyBio is as great as the combination of our imaginations and actions, and we hold ourselves accountable for our choices and results. We have a bias for action, excellence, and, especially, the health and safety of our employees.
AmplifyBio’s next step forward in advancing medical breakthroughs, treatments, and cures for disease is to establish a Cell & Gene Therapy (CGT) manufacturing and development facility. We are seeking highly motivated individuals to help create and define a first-of-its-kind CGT facility at our new site in South San Francisco, CA.
AmplifyBio is seeking to hire a Scientist/Senior Scientist, Bioinformatics to join our growing team!!!
The ideal candidate will collaborate with biologists and software engineers to develop and improve bioinformatics algorithms for characterizing solid tumors, immuno-oncological targets, and tumor targeting therapies for cancer. This role will continue the research and development demonstrated in our recent publications in Nature on personalized neoantigen TCR-T therapies (Foy SP et al, Nature 2023, Puige-Saus C, et al, Nature, 2023). This position will report into the Director, Bioinformatics.
What You’ll Do Here:
- Design, develop, and apply computational and statistical methods to model complex biological processes (tumor microenvironment, tumor evolution, etc.) related to advanced therapy characterization and mechanism of action.
- Analyze internal and public datasets including NGS data of research/clinical specimens (TCGA/GTEx), single cell sequencing, high-throughput assays, clinical information, etc.
- Devise and conduct experiments to evaluate new technologies and integrate advances in diverse fields of biological, computational, data science, and clinical sciences into our computational infrastructure and workflows.
- Produce well-written, well-documented, and well-behaved software components.
- Work in a highly collaborative and cross-disciplinary team to deliver quantitative, mechanistic, and scalable support for advanced therapy development.
We Would Love to Hear from You If:
- A Ph.D. in Bioinformatics, Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, Biological Sciences, or a relevant discipline.
- 4+ years of hands-on industry experience in software development, machine learning/AI, data mining, and/or bioinformatics software development and research.
- Proficiency in Python (required), R, Bash, git, docker, etc.
- Experience in cloud computing with AWS or Google platforms
- Strong command of computational biology, genomics, statistical, and machine learning optimization techniques for large complex datasets
- Experience in big data stack (Hadoop, Spark, Data Lakes etc.), machine learning libraries and platforms (TensorFlow, PyTorch, Keras, NumPy, Scipy, MLib), and flow processes (nextflow, snakemake, etc.)
- The demonstrated ability to identify questions bioinformatics approaches can address with the skills to develop solutions both independently and collaboratively.
- A detail-oriented mindset with excellent organizational skills in order to manage multiple projects and meet assigned deliverables.
- A critical mindset for data integrity, quality assurance, and documentation.
- A passion for writing clean reusable code and efficient test cases.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Clear understanding of cancer biology and tumor immunology will be a huge plus.
At AmplifyBio, we’re committed to growing and empowering an inclusive community within our company and industry. This is why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives across our organization. Research shows that oftentimes women and minority groups only apply to open roles if they meet 100% of the listed criteria. AmplifyBio encourages everyone — including women, people of color, individuals with disabilities and those in the LGBTQIA+ community — to apply for our available positions, even if they don’t necessarily check every box on the job description. Hire for attitude and train for aptitude creates unique opportunities to build strong teams of smart, motivated individuals who love what they do.
AmplifyBio is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state, or local law. AmplifyBio will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process. We are committed to the safety and wellness of our employees and customers. Therefore, COVID vaccination is required.
Why You Will Love Working Here:
We take the health and happiness of our employees seriously and consistently evaluate new ways to Amp up our benefits to provide an amazing place to work. From a wellness program, to financial planning and legal assistance, we make sure to take care of our own.
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance that starts on your first day at AmplifyBio
- Competitive Compensation Package
- We take work-life balance seriously and we back it up with an UNLIMITED PTO program!
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Supplemental insurance
- LiveHealth Online
- Smart Shopper (helps you shop for better medical care and earn cash rewards while you save)
- Generous paid parental leave
- Wellness and Self-Care Programs
- 401(k) match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- EAP/work-life support system
- A fun work environment where everyone’s voice matters
- We are just getting started! More benefits on the way!
- An Opportunity to Change the World!!!