Do you want to be part of a growing world-class organization focused on bettering our world? Are you passionate about significantly improving the future of medicine? Do you believe that people are the most important asset of any company? If so, join AmplifyBio!
AmplifyBio is a newly established, commercially focused preclinical CRO that was created as a Battelle spin-off. Aligned with, and supported by leading life sciences-focused investors, we partner with our clients to provide preclinical CRO services from single study and through full IND enabling studies. We have a strong focus and commitment to helping accelerate the commercialization of advanced therapies such as cell and gene therapies and vaccines.
Moving forward we will combine continuous improvement and innovation to become the preferred preclinical CRO in the industry, by working in partnership with our clients, and leveraging state of the art technologies and platforms we will enable our customers to accelerate and improve the product development cycle, from concept to commercial.
When you join our team, you will be a part of groundbreaking work while collaborating with our clients, research scientists, study directors, lab technicians and specialists across a variety of disciplines. Our chemists, biologists, veterinarians, data scientists, engineers, pathologists, and other experts collaborate to deliver new and exciting breakthroughs. The future for AmplifyBio is as great as the combination of our imaginations and actions, and we hold ourselves accountable for our choices and results. We have a bias for action, excellence, and, especially, the health and safety of our employees.
AmplifyBio is seeking a full-time Histology Supervisor to lead a staff of highly trained scientists and technicians with state-of-the-art facilities to support our clients’ toxicology, safety pharmacology, and inhalation research programs. AmplifyBio is rapidly expanding its service offerings related to the discovery, translation, and development of advanced therapies such as gene and cell therapies.
As part of the team, the right candidate will help support the company’s growing portfolio of service offerings and commercial capabilities.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of an emerging startup bringing innovative technology to advanced therapies.
- Supervising microtomy, embedding, slide quality control, and slide/block inventory and archival areas, with responsibility for equipment maintenance and calibration, safety and regulatory inspections, client tours, and resource management.
- Providing direct oversight of histology staff, including scheduling, performance evaluations, and employee development.
- Communicating resource, staffing, and timeline concerns to management.
- Ensuring the safety of all staff working within designated spaces, including providing training and oversight of related activities and responding to safety inspections and audits.
- Ensuring staff are adequately trained and studies are executed with appropriate technical expertise.
- Working with management to identify and incorporate new technologies and capabilities.
- Performing microtomy, paraffin embedding, H&E staining, special stains, and other histology tasks for rodent and large laboratory animal tissues as needed.
- Slide preparation for microscopic examination, data recording and performing quality control reviews in accordance with Good Laboratory Practices (GLP).
- Conducting standard and non-standard tasks working alone or with guidance of management.
- Understanding and following relevant Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Study Protocol requirements regarding all laboratory activities assigned and ensuring the same in all supervised staff.
- Ensuring proper record keeping by staff in designated areas of oversight.
- Responsible for reviewing and updating relevant SOPs for designated areas of oversight.
- HT or HTL Certification (ASCP).
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant histology experience, including microtomy, embedding, staining (including special stains as well as H&E), immunohistochemistry, advanced tissue identification skills (e.g. reproductive and neurological tissues), expertise in common tissue preservation techniques (e.g. perfusion, atypical fixatives).
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills, including 2+ years of supervisory and/or management experience.
- Expertise with digital data management and computerized laboratory management systems (e.g. Provantis, Pristima).
- Clear understanding of regulatory requirements, including those pertaining to chemical agent, facility, and bio-facility safety.
- Ability to be organized, multitask, communicate effectively with a team of diverse individuals, and a desire to learn new skills.
- Strong work ethic and drive to lead process improvements and capability expansion within designated lab areas.
- Sufficiently medically fit to work in a lab and perform assigned duties.
- Must be willing to be available for consultation during evening, weekend, and holiday hours by staff and management as needed.
- Newly hired employees are subject to a 90-day introductory period, during which their performance is evaluated by supervision.
- Leadership and/or supervisory experience.
- Experience in Developmental and Reproductive Toxicology (DART) techniques and tissue preparation.
- Experience in a GLP environment.
- Expertise with relevant equipment, including maintenance and calibration.
- Expertise with sample management, including digital inventory systems and organization.
At AmplifyBio, we’re committed to growing and empowering an inclusive community within our company and industry. This is why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives across our organization. Research shows that oftentimes women and minority groups only apply to open roles if they meet 100% of the listed criteria. AmplifyBio encourages everyone — including women, people of color, individuals with disabilities and those in the LGBTQIA+ community — to apply for our available positions, even if they don’t necessarily check every box on the job description. Hire for attitude and train for aptitude creates unique opportunities to build strong teams of smart, motivated individuals who love what they do.
AmplifyBio is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state, or local law. AmplifyBio will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process. We are committed to the safety and wellness of our employees and customers. Therefore, COVID vaccination is required. Reasonable accommodations will be considered.
Why You Will Love Working Here:
We take the health and happiness of our employees seriously and consistently evaluate new ways to Amp up our benefits to provide an amazing place to work. From a wellness program (did we mention we have an onsite gym and ping pong table?), to financial planning and legal assistance, we make sure to take care of our own.
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance that starts on your first day at AmplifyBio
- Competitive Compensation Package
- We take work-life balance seriously and we back it up with generous PTO
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Supplemental insurance
- LiveHealth Online
- Smart Shopper (helps you shop for better medical care and earn cash rewards while you save)
- 4 weeks paid Parental Leave
- Wellness Program
- 401(k) match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- EAP/work-life support system
- A fun work environment where everyone’s voice matters
- We are just getting started! More benefits on the way!
- An Opportunity to Change the World